Depression is a psychological disorder which drains a person emotionally and physically. Basically, it is a state when a person experiences the feeling of sadness, no self-esteem, hopelessness, stress, guilt, low or high appetite and sleep or no sleep etc. These conditions vary person to person but having these for long time indicates that person is suffering with depression. There are a lot of reasons of depression which differ from one person to another. Some feel depressed due to loss of their love one or due to some societal pressure, some insecurity, relationship issues, any past incident or guilt etc. Depression is not just a single psychological condition is it further classified into multiple disorders like anxiety, clinical disorder, bipolar condition or postpartum depression etc.
How to Fight Through Depression
Person suffering with depression has to face a lot of difficulties in their life. The duration of depression is not same for everyone. Everyone’s journey is difficult but with few steps we can fight with depression, so here are few enlist below:
- Learn About Your Condition: the more you know about condition, the more it is easy to fight with it. Knowing about symptoms can save from worst condition. Educating friends and family can also help, as loved ones can watch out for warning signs and can be supportive when a person is having a difficult time.
- Seek Medical Help: There is no shame in seeking doctor’s help for diagnosis and treatment. It is an important part to get out from depression. A doctor can provide support, guidance, and medical treatment options. According to your condition you can opt either psychiatrist or psychologist means you want to treated through medicine or therapy, this depends on your severity sometimes person has to go through with both medicine and therapy for quick recovery.
- Think Positive: start thinking positive for yourself and others too. Do some healthy activities that will help you to come out of your past and keep you focus on your present.
- Do Exercise: research proofs that exercise can help person and develop good mood and energy in body. Do light exercises or just simply walk in morning or evening.
- Take a Balance diet: food has a connection with our body and mood. Deficiency of some vital nutrients can also link up with depression. Taking balance diet can help a person in overcoming deficiencies and keep them physically well and also supports in mental condition.
- Have Some Relaxing Time: feeling of stress leads o depression. So, take some time from your routine and perform those activities which give you the feel of relaxation like bathing, planting, watching TV, reading books and going out etc.
- Improve Your Sleep Pattern: quality sleep is essential for mental health. Too much sleep or less sleep can be a symptom of depression so try to complete 7 to 8 hours sleep in one go.
Also Read: How to Improve Your Confidence and Speak in Public
Depression is a curable disorder. People can recover from episodes of depression by some medical treatment, coping strategies or bringing change in lifestyles. Start with baby steps to fight through depression. People with depression need some extra love and attention so we should also take care of anyone who is fighting depression around us. Be kind and empathic with them. If we can’t do something big for them just use kind words because sometime words can help in healing the pain and their state.